Dear Parents and Guardians,
I hope this letter finds your family healthy and well. This letter has been prepared with great excitement as it signifies the reopening of schools. Careful planning has gone into bringing our students back into our school on May 3, 2021. I want to assure you that we have taken precautionary measures in all aspects to create a safe learning environment for your children. Whether you chose in person instruction or remote/online learning, Harrison staff is here to support you. Please read this letter carefully, as it contains important information regarding reopening school procedures.
Week of May 3rd
K-2nd Grade Hybrid Students Only
Week of May 10th
All 3rd-5th Grade Hybrid Students Start
The “In person” session for Trenton Public Elementary School students is from 8:45 AM to 1:00 PM.
- All Hybrid Learning Students will be divided into 2 cohorts/groups (Cohort A & Cohort B).
- Cohort A reports to school every Monday & Tuesday only and are virtual all other days.
- Cohort B reports to school every Thursday & Friday only and are virtual all other days.
- Wednesdays will be virtual for everyone and will continue to be a reduced day for students.
Harrison Hybrid Schedule - Effective May 3, 2021
Breakfast in the Classroom
8:55-9:25 Period 1
9:25-9:55 Period 2
9:55-10:25 Period 3
10:25-10:55 Period 4
10:55-11:25 Period 5
11:25-11:55 Period 6
11:55-12:25 Period 7
12:25-1:00 Period 8
ARRIVAL/DISMISSAL STUDENT PROCEDURES
Ms. Penny’s class will utilize the ramp to the left to enter and exit Trailer 1.
Ms. Hines class will utilize the ramp to the right to enter and exit Trailer 2.
Students will enter through the main entrance door (staggered times).
Students will exit the building through Door # 4
Students will enter through Door # 5 and go up the stairwell directly facing the entrance. (staggered times)
Students will exit the same stairwell to exit the building through Door # 5
- All students are required to socially distance themselves and wear a face mask the entire time in the school building.
- All students will have their temperatures checked upon entering the school building.
- Students who exceed the baseline temperature will report to the school nurse for further screening to determine whether they should continue to class. Students who need to be sent home will report to the Wellness Center with a health professional for safe monitoring.
- After passing through the screening device, students will report to their class.
- All hybrid students are expected to bring their Chromebooks to school on their reporting day.
COVID RELATED PROCEDURES
- Students with a temperature of 100.4 or above will be sent home.
- Any students experiencing COVID symptoms will be sent home.
- Students must be picked up by a parent, guardian, or emergency contact within an hour of receiving a phone call.
- For reentry, documentation of a medical evaluation and clearance will be required.
- This documentation must be submitted to the nurse and/or administrator.
Parents who choose to have their child return to hybrid learning must have a current physical examination and up-to-date immunizations (excluding the COVID vaccine). Your child will be required to remain remote if we do not receive documentation of either of these. You may email Nurse Tanner at [email protected] or call the main office at 609-656-4750 to inquire about your child’s immunizations and physical examination records.
- All visitors must schedule an appointment prior to arriving at the school building. They must call the main office at (609) 656-4750, or email [email protected] to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins will not be permitted.
- Visitors who arrive without an appointment will be asked to call the school or complete a form to schedule an appointment.
- Student registrations and transfers are by appointment only.
- For sick student pick-ups, the school will contact the parent or authorized person and provide instructions for pick up.
- Visitors must enter through Door #1 (Main Door)
- Visitors must wear a face mask when entering the school building.
- All visitors entering the building must have their temperature scanned. The security guard will have the visitor sign in on the Visitor’s Log (includes Contact Tracing information), and complete a COVID Screening Form.
- If any visitor has a fever of 100 Fahrenheit or higher and/or answers “yes” to any of the COVID screening, they will not be permitted to enter the building.
HEALTH SCREENING SURVEY
All parents will be required to complete a daily health questionnaire for their child prior to the student entering the building. Any students who exhibit illness symptoms will be sent to the school’s Wellness Room to wait for immediate pickup from a parent/guardian.
GRAB and GO MEALS
- Grab and Go Meals will continue on Wednesdays from 1:15pm – 3:30pm.
- Students will receive grab and go breakfast as they enter the school building.
- Grab and Go lunches will be distributed to the students as they exit the school building during dismissal time.
The New Jersey Parent Portal allows parents/guardians to learn about their children’s performance on the New Jersey Student Learning Assessments for English Language Arts and Mathematics (NJSLA-ELA/M). The portal will also allow parents/guardians to view their child’s report cards and progress reports.
Parent Portal Set-Up Instructions
As author Vivian Green once said, “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” Let us dance and make the most out of this very unique time. Thank you for your amazing support and I look forward to seeing each and every one of you on May 3, 2021. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at 609-656-4750 or [email protected]
Dr. Keshia R. Gaymon