August 17, 2021
Welcome Back Monument Families:
It is with great pride and enthusiasm that I welcome each of you back to Monument as we reopen for full day in person learning on September 8, 2021. It is my hope that each of you are equally excited to return to Monument. There are a few reminders that I want you to be mindful of in preparation for full day in person learning:
- Instruction begins for all elementary students at 8:45-3:15. Wednesday 1:00PM dismissal for students with Grab & Go lunch.
- Daily Covid-19 Health Screening Survey is required to be completed in Power School.
- Survey opens in PowerSchool at midnight each day and must be completed no later than 30 minutes prior to the start of school (Middle – no later than 7:30AM. Failure to complete the Covid-19 Screener may delay admission to school significantly.
- All children and visitors are required to wear facemasks while at the school. Children are expected to continue to social distance as directed by school personnel. Monument’s school-wide expectations as well as district policies and code of conduct should be followed routinely.
- Power School portal may be used to access important school-based information, child(ren) academic grades, attendance, homeroom assignments and schedule. Please correspond with your child’s teacher to gain access.
- Stay updated and connected through:
- District Webpage: https://www.trentonk12.org/
- District FaceBook Page: www.facebook.com/trenton.k12.nj.us
- We will continue to use Google Classroom features. Parents are encouraged to check Google Classroom and Google drive routinely.
- Back to School Night is scheduled on September 21, 2021. Time to be determined.
- Our school uniform colors are khaki pants and sky-blue shirts (Grades K-5). All children should be in uniform daily
Please have your child(ren) enjoy the rest of their summer vacation. We look forward to seeing them at the start of the school year.
Najla Solomon, Ed. D. Principal