IMPORTANT EMPLOYEE ANNOUNCEMENT
MANDATORY OPEN ENROLLMENT ENDED ON NOVEMBER 30, 2020 AT 12:00 MIDNIGHT
ALL EMPLOYEES MUST PARTICIPATE
Under the new law, P.L. 2020, Chapter 44, a new plan equivalent to the NJ Educators Health Plan (NJEHP) is being offered beginning January 1, 2021.
- All employees hired on or after July 1, 2020 will automatically be enrolled. NO ACTION REQUIRED. You may waive medical and prescription coverage if you currently have a waiver.
- All employees hired prior to July 1, 2020 must submit a Plan Affirmation/Benefits Waiver form.
- The Plan Affirmation/Benefits Waiver form (including a copy of your current medical/prescription card) must be submitted to the HR Department no later than November 30, 2020. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- New coverages/changes will be effective January 1, 2021.
- Regular Open Enrollment held in May will still be scheduled in 2021.
- HR Generalists will be available to answer any questions. Please send all questions to [email protected]s.
The Direct Access Educators Plan (NJEHP equivalent plan) will be administered by Horizon BC/BS of NJ. The District’s current Horizon plans (PPO and HMO) will still be available if you were hired before July 1, 2020. Only the new Direct Access Educators Plan will be available if you were hired on or after July 1, 2020.
PLEASE READ -- ACTION YOU MUST TAKE
YOUR OPTIONS IF HIRED ON OR AFTER 07/01/2020
- You will be automatically enrolled in the new Direct Access Educators Plan effective January 1, 2021 (No action required).
- You can waive medical and prescription coverage (Submit a Plan Affirmation/Benefits Waiver form and proof of other coverage to Human Resources).
YOUR OPTIONS IF HIRED PRIOR TO 07/01/2020
**YOU MUST SUBMIT A PLAN AFFIRMATION FORM REGARDLESS OF YOUR CHOICE**
- To continue your current PPO, HMO or benefits waiver you must complete and submit a Plan Affirmation/Benefits Waiver form. If you do not actively make an affirmation by completing this form you and your dependents will be automatically enrolled in the new Direct Access Educators Plan.
- You can transfer to the new Direct Access Educators Plan (Complete and submit a Plan Affirmation/Benefits Waiver form).
- You can waive Medical and Prescription coverage (Complete and submit a Plan Affirmation/Benefits form with proof of other coverage to Human Resources).
ALL FORMS MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT NO LATER THAN 11/30/2020.
THERE CAN BE NO EXCEPTIONS!!
The Plan Affirmation/Benefits Waiver form and any required supporting documentation may be hand-delivered to the HR Department on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (after November 9, 2020) or emailed to [email protected]. Please attach your documentation as a PDF file and put your first and last name in the subject line. Forms embedded into the email will not be accepted. If you have any questions, please contact Tonya Coy at [email protected].