IMPORTANT EMPLOYEE ANNOUNCEMENT
OPEN ENROLLMENT WILL BEGIN ON MAY 1, 2021 TO MAY 31, 2021 AT 12:00 MIDNIGHT
WELCOME TO OPEN ENROLLMENT!!
We’re excited to continue offering competitive and comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your eligible family members, including prescription, vision and dental options.
Open Enrollment is your opportunity to review your healthcare coverage and add or drop dependents. It’s also a good time to check and update your benefits plans.
Below, you will find the list of forms that are required in order to be enrolled in the benefits plans for 2021-2022.
- All forms (including any required supporting documentation such as, marriage certificate; birth certificates of dependent(s) and/or spouse; copy of social security card for dependent(s) and/or spouse; and copy of medical and prescription cards for benefit waivers) are required in order to be enrolled.
- Your benefit plan changes and the new premium rates will go into effect on July 1, 2021.
- A health benefit waiver must be submitted annually, whether or not you have received a waiver in the past with your supporting documentation. If you fail to do so, you will not receive a waiver for the upcoming year.
- Email all forms, supporting documentations and questions to [email protected] (please put your first and last name ion the subject line) or you may hand-deliver to the Human Resources Department.
FOR EMPLOYEES HIRED ON OR AFTER 07/01/2020
Under the new law, P.L. 2020, Chapter 44, a new plan equivalent to the NJ Educators Health Plan (NJEHP) known as the Direct Access Educators Plan was offered beginning January 1, 2021. The Direct Access Educators Plan is administered by Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ. It is the only plan available to members that were hired on or after 07/01/2020. This is in effect until 2028 when then a member can elect to move into any plan that is offered at the time.
FOR EMPLOYEES HIRED PRIOR TO 07/01/2020
Members that were hired before 07/01/2020 are not required to enroll in the Direct Access Plan, and if any members selected to transferred into the Direct Access Plan may elect to switch to another plan during open enrollment.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR DEPENDENT COVERAGE:
It is important that you notify the Human Resources Department before your dependent(s) approach the maximum age for coverage. A change in dependent status may result in a change to your contract type (Example: Family to 2-Adult; Parent/Children to Single, etc.). A change to your contract type may result in a change to your contribution cost for Employee Health Benefits coverage.
- When your dependent has reached the age of 26, please send a request to the Human Resources Department to remove your dependent from your insurance.
MAXIMUM DEPENDENT AGE FOR DENTAL
- Age 19 (at the end of the month)
- Age 25 (full-time student)
- If they are full-time student and graduated, the coverage will terminate at the end of the month in which they graduated
- Dependents: Age 19 (at the end of the day of his/her birthday)
- Students: Age 25 (at the end of day of his/her birthday)
- Dependent Child Age 25
- Full-time Student Age 25 (Student termination date at the end of the calendar year after birthday)
List of Enrollment Forms & Summary of Benefits
To access the forms below, please click on the Forms and Benefit Summaries tab.
Horizon BCBSNJ (Medical)
Horizon Enrollment/Change Form (Medical/Prescription/Dental*)
Horizon $0 HMO Summary of Benefits (TPA)
Horizon $5 HMO Summary of Benefits (B&TA-MCM&LA-TEA-TSCA-TESA)
Horizon PPO Summary of Benefits (B&TA-MCM&LA-TEA-TSCA)
Horizon BCBSNJ (Prescription)
Horizon RX Summary of Benefits
Horizon RX Prescription Drug Program (B&TA-TPA-TSCA)
Horizon RX Prescription Drug Program (MCM&LA)
Horizon RX Prescription Drug Program (TASA-TEA)
Horizon RX Prescription Drug Program (TESA)
Direct Access Educators (Medical)
Direct Access Educators Medical Benefits Highlights (TASA)
Direct Access Educators Medical Benefits Highlights (Other Union Contracts)
Direct Access Educators (Prescription)
Direct Access Educators RX Benefits Highlights (TASA)
Direct Access Educators RX Benefits Highlights (Other Union Contracts)
Horizon BCBSNJ (Dental)*
Horizon Dental Summary of Benefits (TASA)
Eastern Dental-DSO Enrollment/Change Form
Eastern Dental-DSO Summary of Benefits
Eastern Dental Transfer Form
Delta Dental Enrollment/Change Form
Delta Dental Summary of Benefits
Dental Benefit Opt-Out Form
VSP/Vision (for staff enrolled/enrolling in Horizon PPO)
VSP Enrollment Form
VSP Vision Care Summary of Benefits
VSP Summary of Benefits (TPA)
VSP Benefit Opt-Out Form
Benefit Waiver Option Form (Medical & Prescription)
2021-2022 Benefits Rates & Deduction Formulas
Direct Access Educator Benefits Rates and Estimated Deduction Calculation
Frequently Asked Questions – Direct Access Educators Plan
Online Doctor/Hospital Finder