Club Advisor: Mr. Handy
Frequency of Meetings: Monday and Wednesday
Meeting Times: During Lunch and After school Starting Jan 21, 2015 2:30pm-:3:30pm
Meeting Location: A29a,, A29b
If you are a Young Man who wants success this club is for you.
Please see Mr. Handy during your lunch for more information on becoming a member of this club.
Young Men of West Campus is a school based organization founded in 2008 out of necessity. Understanding that high school boys are targeted by gangs as both victims and potential members something had to be done. Knowing that our boys need to feel connected, appreciated and competent sparked the idea of creating an organization within the school that would rival gang recruitment while promoting personal achievement and social justice for the community.
- To Build Positive Attitudes and Self-esteem
- Develop boys’ leadership skills and personal responsibility
- To introduce the program participants to positive role-models from the community
- To reinforce the importance of education
- To teach etiquette and good manners
- To give information about good health and hygiene
- To stress the importance of maintaining eye contact and having a firm handshake
- To expose the young men to outside experiences, including field trips and community exploration and awareness of positive information as well as enjoyment
CLUB CORE VALUESAcademics, Brotherhood, Leadership and Service
Be Respectful, on Time and ready to become a Man.
- Team Building and Leadership Development
- College and Career Awareness
- College and High-School Alliance Mentoring Program
- Many Additional Trips ( Bowling, Laser Tag, etc)
"Treat people the way you want to be treated. Talk to people the way you want to be talked to. Respect is earned, not given." -Hussein Nishah