September 9, 2020
Welcome Monument Families:
It is with great pride and enthusiasm that I welcome each of you to the 2020-2021 school year. It is my hope that each of you had a relaxing summer and despite our “new normal,” you found some time to be with family and friends. As our new school year begins, I am optimistic that each of you will have a phenomenal time.
As we prepare for the upcoming school year, you are reminded that we must press forward to meet the next set of challenges that are ahead of us. This year, our virtual learning experience will be very different, than our previous school year. There are a few reminders that I want you to be mindful of during remote instruction:
- The virtual full school day schedule begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 2:30 PM for students.
- The virtual reduced school day schedule begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 12:10 PM for students.
- All scholars are strongly encouraged to be online following their schedule daily as provided by their classroom teacher.
- Monument’s school-wide expectations as well as district policies and code of conduct should be followed.
- Scholars should sign-in daily using their classroom’s attendance link.
- Parents are encouraged to access their child’s Power School Portal using their access code. Please correspond with your child’s teacher to gain access.
- Parents are also encouraged to accept your classroom Dojo invitation as soon as possible.
This year, as we embrace change, navigate through new experiences and learn a little differently, it is the hope of our Monument family and stakeholders to support you through each step.
Dr. Najla Solomon, Principal