1. State Bird: Eastern goldfinch
2. State fruit: Blueberry
3. State flower: Violet
4. State tree: Red oak
5. State mammal: horse
6. State fish: Brook trout
7. State dinosaur: Hadrosaurus foulkii (Duck billed dinosaur)
8. State motto: Liberty and prosperity
9. Highest population density of any state: 1,030 people per square mile
10. Largest boardwalk in the world: Atlantic City
11. The streets in the game Monopoly were named after streets in Atlantic City.
12. First baseball game played in Hoboken NJ.
13. Largest city: Newark
14. The electric lightbulb was invented here by Thomas Edison.
15. Nickname: The Garden State
16. 21 Counties, 566 municipalities (Towns and cities)
17. State insect: The honeybee
18. State capital: Trenton, NJ