PHYSICAL SIGNS & SYMPTOMS OF DRUG/ALCOHOL ABUSE
1. BLOODSHOT OR GLASSY EYES - this is not always a reliable diagnostic tool by itself but along with other symptoms should be taken seriously.
2.SMELL OF ALCOHOL OR MARIJUANA - this could be the smell of recent use or the after-effects of prolonged use.
3. IMPAIRED WALKING/GAIT - unsteady on feet, staggering, loss of balance, tripping, falling, etc.
4. VOMITING - nausea, uncontrolled vomiting, the smell of alcohol in the vomit.
5. SLURRED SPEECH - any change in speech pattern.
6.SLOWED REFLEXES - inability to keep head upright, inability to keep eyes open or stay awake, slow response or inability to respond to requests, altered perceptions.
7. DRY MOUTH - “cotton mouth”, unusual thirst, constant licking of the lips and swallowing.
8. HUNGER - having the “munchies”, asking for food.
9. ANY CHANGE IN VITAL SIGNS - respiration, body temperature, heart rate, etc.